Old Town Triangle

Old Town Triangle is a historic district in the near-north section of Chicago, bordered to the north by Armitage Ave, to the east by Clark St, to the south by North Ave. and a choppy, diagnoal border on the west (around Sedgwick Ave).  The nieghborhood is comprised mostly of single-family homes, low-rise brick buildings, and two-flats built for the boom in laborers who came to Chicago to rebuild the city after the Great Chicago Fire.  Old Town was designated a Chicago Landmark District in 1977 and added to the National Registry of Historical Properties in 1984. Because Old Town Triangle holds these historical designations, street-facing exteriors are not allowed to be altered in any way--only maintained.  Old Town is home to many of Chicago's older, Victorian-era buildings. The neighborhood is also home to St. Michael's Church, originally a Bavarian-built church, and one of 7 to survive the path of the Great Chicago Fire. Many of the streets and alleys, predate the Great Chicago Fire and do not all adhere to a typical Chicago grid pattern.



  • Treasure Island
    1639 N Wells St.
  • Walgreens
    Wells St & North Ave
  • Plum Market
    Goethe & Wells (Old Town)
Train-2-icon (1).png


  • Sedgwick El Stop
    (Sedgwick & North Ave)
    Purple Line
    Brown Line


  • 37 Bus Stop
    Sedgwick & Eugenie

  • 9 & 72 Bus
    North Ave & Wells St.



  • Starbucks
    Wells St & North Ave
  • Nookies
    1746 N Wells St.
  • J. Parker Rooftop
    Hotel Lincoln
    Clark St. & Lincoln Ave
  • Twin Anchors
    Sedgwick Ave & Eugenie St
  • Corcoran's Pub
    1615 N Wells St.
Map-2-icon (1).png


  • Second City Comedy Club
    Wells St & North Ave
  • North Ave Beach
  • Lincoln Park
  • Old Town Art Fair
    Wells St from Division to North Ave in June.
  • SoulCycle
    Wells St & Scott St.
    (Old Town)